The noble mansion
The noble mansion
The main floor of the building, in particular the rooms overlooking Lungarno, is set-up to show its character as a noble residence. Furnished with considerable works and objects of art it proposes an example of what should have been an important 19th century family.
Therefore the palace exposes itself in a strong and necessary web between environments resided by the family, works of art and objects of furniture of important historical-artistic interest, which recalls vintage atmospheres. The set-up of the rooms overlooking the garden (on the right, entering), from the medal collection onwards, intends to generally suggest the configuration of the study and intellectual leisure environment of lawyer Ottavio Simoneschi (Pisa 1890-1960), to whose collecting passion this building owes so much, since the Foundation acquired a large part of its collections in 2006. From the imposing entrance you can wind along Lungarno, through the Game Room, the Music Room and the Dining Room, the getaway of rooms and parlors of the "representative" wing, typical of the great noble mansions of that period. The rooms, decorated with paintings ranging from the mid-eighteenth century to the first decade of the 20th century, are furnished with furniture from various periods, according to the eclectic taste of the time. The furniture comes from the Giuli family, the last owner of the building, from the Simoneschi collections and other Tuscan noble mansions and creates ambiances of great beauty, as in the Music Room and the Dining Room. The paintings that complete Palazzo Blu’s furniture have been chosen taking into consideration the tastes of the period, often inspired by local traditions and family ambitions.